Are you raising impact capital for the creative economy?
Upstart Co-Lab is disrupting how creativity is funded by connecting impact investing to the creative economy. Since launching in 2016, we have introduced a Creativity Lens to impact investing and mobilized $11 million of impact capital for the creative economy.
We would like to know about opportunities in the creative economy that are raising impact investment capital. We regularly share opportunities with our Member Community, and feature examples in our research, speaking engagements and earned media.
If you are an entrepreneur growing a creative sector business; a fund manager investing in food, fashion, media and other creative industries; or a real estate developer building studios, light manufacturing space or cultural venues — and you are seeking impact investment capital — we would love to hear from you.
Fill out this short online questionnaire to submit information to the Upstart Co-Lab team.
Opportunities should meet the following criteria:
- Funds, enterprises, or real estate projects offering a financial return to investors
- Operating in the creative economy
- Generating, measuring and reporting on social and environmental impact
- Raising capital within 12 months
Upstart scopes the creative economy to include:
- Food (e.g. artisanal and craft food, immersive dining experiences)
- Fashion (e.g. apparel, jewelry, accessories, footwear)
- Media (e.g. film/TV, video games, music, AR/VR)
- Other creative businesses (e.g. graphic design, architecture, toys, visual art)
- Real estate (e.g. theaters, galleries, artist housing and studio space)
We are particularly interested in impact investing opportunities in the creative economy that also align with:
- Animal welfare
- Vegan/plant-based lifestyles
- Skill-based training and preparation for the workforce
- Visual art and improving the art market
- Artisanship, handwork, crafts
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Spirituality, well-being, mindfulness
We are primarily focused on companies headquartered in the U.S., with a special focus on:
- the Deep South
- Detroit and the Great Lakes region
- the Midwest